Saturday, July 19, 2014

B.Y.O.B.Behind the Scenes!

I have to admit that it's pretty exciting to have my challenge posted on the Diva's blog!!! I haven't been able to look at everyone's entires yet; I've only seen a few. I'll explain why later...please bear with me as I try to compose and publish this post from a tiny keyboard! (My iPhone.)

Wine-stained tile, pre-tangling

Oh dear. First I accidentally hit "publish" when I tried to hit the icon for adding a picture. I decided I better forge ahead and "fix" it, but honestly, that is SO much easier said than done on a mobile device! Yikes!!!! This is going to drive me nuts! And I won't be able to do anything about it for a while... Bear with me, please! This post is still under construction. Please excuse the mess I am making...I promise to come back and take care of it when I can. But I beg your patience; due to circumstances, it won't be until nearly August.

Nothing to be alarmed about--everything is fine. As I said above, I will explain it all later. 

So...here's a bunch of photos, plus some text thrown in, but not quite arranged or edited properly. Enjoy!

The wine that did the staining of the above tile

Coffee-dipped ATC 

The idea of the challenge percolated in my mind for a while before I started writing and tangling. By the time Caroline and I got to North Carolina for a few days in June I was ready. It was so fun to tangle at Foster's. And the strawberry layered cake was delicious! In addition to the tile that dripped a coffee puddle onto, I also dipped an ATC into our coffee; I look forward to tangling that. Caroline prepped some ATCs, too.


Foster's, being a market and not just a cafe, also has a small wine shop, so I found two interesting bottles of red that I brought home with the idea that I could sip some wine as I tried another approach to the challenge. One of the wines had a great pattern on the label...but I think the wine spoiled in my car during our trip. I opened the bottle, and it had a nasty toxic smell! How disappointing. The other bottle of wine was just fine.

That afternoon Caroline and I headed to Raleigh to surprise CZT Sharon Payne, who was demonstrating Zentangle at Jerry's Artarama that day.

I shared with Sharon the secret of my upcoming B.Y.O. B. challenge, and she was quick to show me a few of her pieces in sketchbooks that feature one of her favorite beverages. :-)

Caroline, Sharon, and Yours Truly

Sharon's award-winning boots!

Sharon's latte angel



Sharon's latte carp

From the label of the wine that quite sadly was spoiled.

First set of strokes of my tangle session at Panera

I'll end with a close-up of Caroline prepping an ATC at Foster's. She hasn't tangled it yet, but I hope she will soon!

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing all this and also for this great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this wonderful and creative challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a very fun challenge! Your tiles and pics are great! Such fun to see the way you started!

    ReplyDelete